Our strategic orientation
The business model of VP Bank Group is based on the intermediary business (external asset managers, fiduciaries, attorneys, family offices), private banking for high net-worth individuals as well as investment solutions (including investment funds and private market investments). In addition, we engage in retail banking and commercial business in Liechtenstein and operate an international fund competence centre.
We offer a comprehensive range of customised services for the benefit of our clients around the world.
Our strategy 2026 is "seize opportunities" and builds on our proven business model with a focus on intermediaries, private banking and investment solutions such as fund solutions and private market investments. This results in the focused positioning of VP Bank.
“We develop bespoke financial solutions for intermediaries and private clients thanks to specialist expertise and excellent networks. To do this, we build on our long-standing experience and strengths in serving discerning clients.”
Our international markets
We have clearly defined target markets which we serve from our international locations. In Europe, we work in the target markets of Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg, Russia, Ukraine and the "Nordics" markets (Denmark, Norway, Sweden). For Asia we have defined Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand.
VP Bank Group's international locations are committed to qualitative and sustainable growth. We are aiming for a stronger focus on the effectiveness and utilisation of targeted regional expertise and are developing differentiated regional strategies to identify and drive local growth opportunities. Selected partnerships and acquisitions are intended to strengthen the position of VP Bank and provide access to new client pools.
Our strategic focus
- Evolve measures: Profitable growth and the strategic and targeted development of the operating business in the core segments
- Scale measures: Process optimisation through standardisation and automation, flexibility of the operational platform, consideration of sourcing services
- Move measures: Building new competencies in the area of asset digitisation, creating added value from data analysis and the development of private market solutions, expanding our wealth management platform for our clients, developing new business opportunities
Our sustainable investment philosophy plays an overriding role in Strategy 2026, which, under the title "Investing for Change", leads to the repositioning of our product range with, among other things, our own sustainability funds and access to new solutions in the context of impact investing.
More information about sustainability.
Our goals until 2026
- Growth: at least 4 per cent net new money p.a. as a percentage of assets under management over the entire strategy cycle 2021 - 2026
- Profitability: Profit margin above 15 basis points (bp) (0.15 per cent) and cost/income ratio at 70 per cent at the end of 2026
- Stability: Tier 1 ratio more than 20 per cent over the 2021- 2026 cycle